Transport Administrator, FT
Transport Administrator, Full-time, Great Barford, Bedfordshire
Do you have excellent Excel skills and a keen interest in data management and analysis? Are you a strong team player looking to collaborate with multiple areas of the business, including external customers? We are looking for a Transport Administrator to support our Transport Manager in the maintenance of our transportation data and management of our fleet of vehicles.
THX aspire to be the hire company of choice for specialist contractors where on-time delivery/collection and reliability are paramount. We aim to provide our services to 80% of high-rise construction projects in London, while also servicing sites across most of England. Exceptional customer service is critical to our success, and we pride ourselves on delivering and collecting on time, at least 98% of the time.
We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships to drive individual performance.
In this role, you will:
- Maintain our databases relating to transportation activities, including inputting data on shipments, deliveries, drivers, vehicles, and routes.
- Prepare and maintain transportation-related documents.
- Provide support managing our fleet of vehicles including monitoring maintenance schedules, coordinating repairs and inspections, and updating registration and insurance information.
- Communicate with customers, suppliers, and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Stay informed about transportation regulations and compliance requirements, including driver hours-of-service regulations, vehicle weight restrictions, and hazardous materials transportation guidelines.
- Assist in ensuring that transportation operations adhere to applicable laws and regulations.
- Analyse transportation costs and identify and participate in process improvements such as reducing costs and improving service quality.
- Coordinate transportation activities with inventory management processes to ensure timely delivery of goods while minimising excess inventory.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as supply chain management, warehousing, and procurement, to streamline transportation processes and optimize overall logistics operations.
IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU BRING:
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong customer service skills
- The ability to work across several teams
- Strong administration skills
- Attention to detail
You will be required to work full-time, Monday to Friday, with a start-time between 8:00am and 9:30am, and sometimes overtime may be required to meet customer demand.
We have a friendly environment where the rapid growth of our business means we support the development of our talented people. We also offer a range of benefits including competitive salaries, 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), company pension, and free food and drink facilities.
For further information about working at THX, please visit our website here: Careers at THX
Salary - £25,500 - £28,500