Engineering Operative Apprentice, FT
Engineering Operative Apprentice, Full Time, Great Barford, Bedfordshire
Working hours for this role are 7:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday (flexibility available)
Do you have excellent attention to detail? do you enjoy testing and finding fault? Would you like to be part of an important team that ensure high levels of safety for customers by testing and inspecting equipment for hire? If so, we are looking for an Engineering Operative Apprentice to join our busy team in our Bedford SuperHub.
THX are transforming the hire experience for specialist contractors. Helping our customers thrive through delivering an unparalleled hire experience to mechanical, electrical, drylining, HVAC and SFS specialists since 2006.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for inspecting, cleaning and testing hire equipment before returning items to the warehouse
- Learn various inspecting and testing techniques, including PAT Testing
- Service and repair items before they go out for hire
- Communicate with customers and external suppliers
- Have the opportunity to support our warehouse and workshop teams where required
It is essential that you bring excellent:
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organisation skills
- Physical ability to lift and move heavy items
Training to be provided:
- Engineering Operative – Level 2
- EAL Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations
- EAL Level 2 in Engineering Operations
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, there is potential for a full time role and to eventually move on to a higher role such as Senior Workshop Technician, Powered Access Specialist, Lead Engineer or even Workshop Manager.
To be considered for this role you will need to have GCSE grades 9-3 (A*- D) in English and Maths or equivalent.
You must be able to travel to and from our Bedford depot.
Please note, this is a Level 2 Engineering Operative apprenticeship. If you have already completed your Level 2 or 3 in Engineering, you would be overqualified for this apprenticeship.
We have a friendly environment where the rapid growth of our business means we support the development of our talented people. We also offer a range of benefits including competitive salaries, 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) company pension, free food and drink facilities. For further information about working at THX, please visit our Work and Culture page.
how to apply
To find out more information and apply for this position, please submit your application through the link found below via the Bedford College Group:
Salary - £18k