Workshop Manager, FT
Workshop Manager, Full Time, Great Barford, Bedfordshire
Leads and manages our workshop team, overseeing the daily workshop operation. Integrates with other teams across the organisation to ensure an exceptional, customer-centric experience. Performs all aspects of the Workshop Technician role in addition to the duties detailed below, with an expected approximate split of time 50/50 between working on management and technician duties.
Primary Responsibilities and duties
Performance of all responsibilities and duties detailed in the Workshop Technician job description, plus you will:
- Manage the daily workshop operations, ensuring hire items are inspected, cleaned, tested, and repaired to ensure availability of items is optimised and breakdowns are minimised.
- Ensure the Workshop team works in an efficient and safe manner, following inspection and repair protocols.
- Seek to continuously improve our systems and processes to grow the business, drive improvements to the customer experience and improve efficiency. This will include initiating and leading projects to improve operational management systems, processes, and the continuous development of our practices.
- Manage the ordering of parts, ensuring efficient stock levels are maintained and repairs are not delayed.
- Manage the LOLER due date list for items on hire.
- Ensure servicing and PAT testing of equipment is monitored and kept up to date.
- Updating of inspection tests.
- Management of the workshop team including performance, absence and overtime.
- Ensure the workshop team perform at or above the agreed KPIs.
- Resolve issues and identify/rectify root causes.
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are managed, reported and logged, following the THX process and working closely with colleagues.
- Recruit and induct new team members, with support from HR.
- Manage and hear employee relations cases, with support from HR.
- Report statistics and information regarding the workshop operation to the Management team.
- Accountable to the Operations Director for activities, budgets, forecasts and KPIs.
- Procurement and disposal of equipment to ensure optimised value for money and alignment with THX’s sustainability goals.
- Initiate and lead projects to improve operational management systems, processes, and the continuous development of our practices.
- Continuously driving the alignment of all colleague behaviour with the THX values and culture.
- Liaise with H&S Committee and actioning/remedying any assigned actions.
- Ensure workshop team members have the correct training and certifications for using the equipment/tools they require for their role.
- Provide a professional, customer-centric service at all times.
- All other reasonable management requests.
Secondary RESPONSIBILITIES and duties
- Support Warehouse and Transport teams to ensure processes and resourcing are optimised.
- Provide cover for warehouse and transport manager / supervisors for their absences and holidays.
- Enable resource sharing between departments to ensure an efficient and effective operation.
All aspects of the Workshop Technician person specification, plus:
|Significant experience of team management||X|
|Experience of leading and managing others||X|
|Experience of working with and supporting others in achieving KPIs||X|
|Experience of motivating individuals and teams||X|
|Experience of working in a customer-centric environment||X|
|Experience working in successful SME||X|
|Ability to lead and manage others||X|
|Proactive, self-motivated, and work on own initiative||X|
|Problem-solving logistical issues||X|
|Strong attention to detail and organisational skills||X|
|Strong IT skills in MS Word, excel and experience of using bespoke IT systems||X|
|Good communication skills, written and verbal||X|
|Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma||X|
|Strong interpersonal and influencing skills||X|
|Compliance oriented – honesty, integrity, and reliability||X|
|Willing to challenge existing methods and promote continuous improvement||X|
THX are transforming the hire experience for specialist contractors. Helping our customers thrive through delivering an unparalleled hire experience to mechanical, electrical, drylining, HVAC and SFS specialists since 2006.
We have a friendly environment where the rapid growth of our business means we support the development of our talented people. We also offer a range of benefits including competitive salaries and bonus scheme, 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) company pension, free food and drink facilities. For further information about working at THX, please visit our Work and Culture page.
Please apply for this position by completing the form below or send your CV with a covering letter to Steve Ward, HR Consultant, [email protected].
Salary - On Application